Living in the Sooke area can best be described as a “life extender”.
Breathe in the fresh Pacific Ocean air.
Garden and golf all year ’round.
Hang up a sign that says ‘gone fishing’ and mean it.
Or just sit back and enjoy the views. Breathtaking.
Make it your community.
Living – Sooke Area Style
- Take the family for a picnic at a favorite spot – French Beach, East Sooke Park or the Potholes.
- Hike the Galloping Goose Trail, or “The Goose” as it’s known.
- Go for a walk on the sand and pebble beaches and throw a stick for Rover.
- Take a walk on the Whiffin Spit on Christmas Day and all year thru.
- Indulge in your favorite activities – sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, surfing or golfing are a few.
- Participate in our very strong arts community.
- Pick up that hobby you always told yourself you would. Bird watching, painting or pottery. There are over 100 clubs and organizations in the area.
- Stop by the library or the museum.
- Join others in enjoying performances at the local theater or spend an evening with our own philharmonic orchestra.
- Plant a garden and stand back – as things grow fast here.
- Check out the wide variety of programs at the pool. Take part in family swims and lessons. Exercise in the pool or relax in the sauna or hot tub.
- Enroll future stars in the minor hockey program. No waiting lists. No 4 a.m. wake ups. Join in, there’s room for the whole family stars or no stars.
- Sports Leagues are active all year as are our soccer teams, football teams and our fast ball teams.
- Men’s and women’s recreational slow pitch and hockey plus a very active men’s soccer association.
- Take part in events such as Canada Day and Sooke Fine Arts Show.
- Volunteer – our volunteers are many. They add to our quality of life.
It’s what Sooke is all about.
Our New Listing in East Sooke is about to hit the market, and the hearts of outdoor enthusiasts.
Keep an eye on our website or subscribe to our Blog, to receive Live information on this beautiful property!